Click here to follow..

Oh, what a Shabbylicious afternoon!

Leave a Comment

Hey there you lovely lot!

Thanks for coming back.. It's not been toooo long since my last post, but as always I do feel the need to start with 'sorry I've not posted in a while!'

I wanted to write about something a little different for you, moving away slightly from a fashiony/buy me kinda' posts but more about a lovely afternoon I had recently celebrating one of my favourite people, Frankie Hunter's, Baby Shower..

Steph got arty with the wrapping of our present - using flowers from a wedding she was bridesmaid at the day before! Crafty-pants! :) 

I know I talk about Nottingham a lot on my Facebook page, but that's because I truly love where I live & in particular the local little shops & cafes that it has to offer! Which leads me to the beautiful Shabbylicious Vintage Tea Rooms in Stapleford, Nottingham, where Frankie's baby shower was held last week - it was simply adorable!

On a normal visiting day you can expect to find this kind of layout which is just perfect for an afternoon catch-up with friends and family - they are open around 10am-4pm most days and offer a brunch & light bite menus to choose from..

...However on Sunday 22nd March the Richmond family had other plans & turned it into a shrine for 'Baby Hunter' :)
..the atmosphere was so relaxed and they even had a record player playing old vinyl's in the corner which really set the vintage vibe perfectly.. but let me get to my favourite part of the day..
Check out the spreeeaaddd!! I honestly didn't know where to start! The very lovely Rebecca Ashworth and team at Shabbylicious really did smash our expectations with some of the scrumptious food that they made specially, from homemade lemon cake to rosewater macaroons! I was in my element! (look at all my exclamation marks  of enthusiasm in this paragraph!!) 


We drank prosecco out of teacups..

We played guess the bump size.. (which I miserably over-estimated!)

And Frankie got her bump painted by the fabulous India with her main baby-craving, Nutella!

One of the best things about Shabbylicious is, you could be drinking from a teacup and think 'ooh this is pretty' or sitting at a table & think 'this would look great in my kitchen!' and guess what - it literally can! Because nearly everything in the shop is available to purchase, if it doesn't have a 'not for sale' sticker on it, then it's yours for a small fee! How fab is that!?

Shabbylicious are in the process of getting their online shop up and running but if you pop over to their website www.shabbyliciousvintagetearooms.co.uk you will be able to read lots more about them - but believe me, you really need to pop in to get the true feeling of this little gem! This bird feeder has to be one of my cutest finds, what a perfect present starting from £20!

I stopped the guys mid prosecco-pouring to take this quick pic of the lovely team because they looked as fabulous as their shop & I l just love that they were dressed in vintage too..
I know from talking to the girls, and of course Frankie, that everyone had the most perfect day which was also fantastic value for money - (Shabbylicious Pricing)  I'm already thinking about who can have their celebration their next!

Thanks again to Rebecca and the team, I couldn't recommend your Tea Room enough which I know will be a huge success just like your family businesses before you :)

and Frankie (and James of course!)... We can't wait to meet Baby Hunter! <3

Recent Press: www.nottinghampost.com







SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig